Thursday, January 3, 2013

Top 10 Bathroom Decor Styles


Bathrooms (as well as kitchens) are one of my favorite spaces to design!  There are SO many decor styles and so many options in creating a haven to bath.  The key to designing a beautiful bathroom lies in the attention to details and the goal of creating a cohesive space.  I’ve been asked by many readers, if I’ve ever blogged about bathrooms, and I will be honest – I haven’t.
My reason? I don’t know where to begin.
The challenge with blogging is to compile everything in one post… kind of impossible (or you’d be reading for days and never return).  I took a step back to think about the best way to showcase some amazing bathroom designs.   I have compiled 10 Bathroom Decor Typesthat I think sum up the most popular design styles.

What’s your favorite style bathroom?

1 Classic Elegance

  • clean lines
  • fresh
  • crisp
  • timeless

2 Masculine

  • dark hues
  • strong details
  • rectilinear accents
  • bold style

3 Vintage

  • traditional elements
  • ode’ to Old
  • ornate

4 Contemporary

  • minimal
  • strong linear lines
  • light hues
  • clean

5 Sophisticated Chic

  • pure beauty
  • mouldings /millwork
  • casual
  • elegance

6 Rustic Retreat

  • use of wood
  • organic elements
  • bring the outdoors in

7 Fun & Funky

  • eclectic style
  • bold colors
  • unique
  • “anything goes”

8 Shabby Chic

  • aged aesthetic
  • signs of wear and tear

9 Romantic

  • soft
  • flowing
  • white / light hues
  • texture
  • elegance

10 Modern

  • edgy
  • vibrant colors
  • trendy
  • up-to-date patterns
  • classic elements with a twist
I have many, many more (favorite) bathrooms to share with you in future posts…this is just a start!
I truly love all these spaces for certain reasons, but my favorite is the sophisticated chic style.  The casual, yet elegant aesthetic certainly suits my taste!
What style is your bathroom?
What is your favorite style?

0 Responses to “Top 10 Bathroom Decor Styles”

Post a Comment